Antique clock repair near me Our professional work team cares a lot about hours. That's why we offer tips on how to care for them for a lifetime warranty repair. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information. Especially antique clock repair should be done with care and attention.
A clocks overhaul consists of completely disassembling the entire mechanism, inspecting every pivot and every bushing hole to best determine the antique clock repair near me process. Sometimes damage to the wheel alignment occurs in broken mainsprings, pinions and shafts, all of which are magnified.
Antique Clock Repair and Restorations
All clocks faces degrade over time and have their own story. Most of them accumulate dirt and have aged varnish. Your dial may have suffered more nuisances such as smoke, water, rust, and pitting, or just got bumped. Unsuitable applications previously used: acrylic paint, sharpie pens, and unconventional oil paint colors. We're removing all those unprofessional/novice attempts badly added to reveal the original dial art.
All this process is carried out without damaging the integrity of the dial. Adhesive surface deposits are removed after its condition has been assessed and analyzed. Precision preparation and restoration work is then used with the same chemical and technical tools used by museum conservationists. Important suggestions that should be applied especially to antique clocks;
- Lubricate and maintain the clockses every 2-3 years.
- Never force your hand.
- Never use WD-40 on clocks.
- Set the clock at least once (most) times a week.
- While moving the minute clockwise to set the hour, stop every quarter hour and let the clock chime or strike.
- When moving your hand counterclockwise, you don't have to stop and wait for the clock to ring every quarter hour.
- To regulate the time on your clock, you need to stop the pendulum and turn the bottom nut. Turn the clock on to speed up, turn it down to slow it down.
- One turn equals about half a minute a day. (Example: If your clock is slow for 5 minutes, turn the nut ten times to the right to raise the pendulum.) Keep repeating until the timekeeping stays on for 24 hours.
Antique Clock Maintenance
We buy and sell clocks and repair and provide home service calls for all types of watches. Our prices are lower than other clock repair near me shops and we offer faster turnaround times. If your clocks does not keep the correct time or has stopped working completely, or if your clocks has stopped ticking, bring it to our shop or call us for home service. We provide free estimates at home for your convenience. We also carry batteries if that's all you need. We can disassemble a clocks and repair its inner workings to extend the life of the clocks or clocks . Service is provided by a team of experts in the field of antique and old clocks.
All types of clocks below serve as your nearest Antique clock repair near me shop.
- Ansonia (Clock Company)
- Aaron Willard
- American Clocks (All mechanical types)
- American Heritage Clocks
- Boston Clock Company
- Calendar Clock Co.
- Chelsea Clock Company
- Colonial Clock Co.
- Daneker Clocks
- Durfee (Walter H.) Clock Company
- Elliott of London
- Emperor Clock Company
- English Grandfather Clocks (Any Maker)
- Ethan Allen (Mechanical clocks only)
- E. Howard Clocks, Clock Company
- E. Ingraham Clock Company
- Fashion Clocks
- Southern Calendar Clock Co.
- French Clocks (Any Maker)
- German Clocks (Any maker)
- Grandfather Clocks
- Gilbert (William L.) Clock Company
- Gustav Becker
- Haas & Sohne
- Hamilton Clocks (Mechanical Clocks Only)
- Harris & Harrison Clock Company
- Hermle Clocks and Movements
- Herschede Clock Company
- Herschede Hall Clock Company
- Howard Clock Company
- Howard Miller Clocks
- Ithaca Clock Company
- Junghans Clock Company
- Kieninger Clocks and Movements
- Kroeber Clocks
- Kuempel Clocks
- Mason and Sullivan
- Morbier (French) Clocks
- New England Clock Co.
- New Haven Clock Company
- Pearl Clock Company
- Ridgeway Clocks
- Sessions Clock Company
- Seth Thomas Clock Company
- Simon Willard
- Sligh Clocks
- Smith (Geo. W.) & Co.
- Southern Calendar Clock Co. (“Fashion” Clocks)
- Tiffany & Company
- Terry (Eli) Clock Company
- United States Clock Company
- Waltham Clock Co.
- Waterbury Clock Company
- E.N Welch Clock Company
- Winterhalder Clock Company
All clocks are important, but antique clock repair near me requires special knowledge. All kinds of clocks repairs are done quickly and with a guarantee.